Tuesday, May 27, 2014

X-Plane Flight Confusion (X-plane 10 Review)

Many of you probably don't know this but i am a flight simulator guru... I have always loved sitting down on a PC and flying through the sky... My channel on YouTube shows some of flight simulator 2004 anyways recently i purchased the game X-plane 10 thinking oh yeah I bet I can fly this!! Well i am wrong!! Well to make things worse it turns out the game is unlike flight Sim x or 2004 because the game has a not well thought out menu interface and well it took me a couple of days to determine exactly how to fly... I mean don't get me wrong the game is great its just its a simulator to say the least... I now know that there is a level of experience needed that most likely the only person who has this is a actual pilot!!! i mean who the heck knows how to actually use flaps or how to prevent airplane engines from overheating!? I mean i sorta do but i crashed so much i grew annoyed... Well the other issue begin here with the graphics... when i started the simulator was placed in half screen mode and because the interface is hidden at the fricken top i was unable to figure that out for well over 3 hours... The game didn't even tell me this i only figured it out by reading an online forum... Dumb ass i am... Well in the end my PC was restricted to playing in the mid to low settings which pisses me off because i can play skyrim in the highest settings... I mean seriously if someone could explain how the heck this works?! But the game is still pretty great when its finally figured out. NOW lets talk about what you actually get with the game... I purchased the regional version which house all of north America meaning Canada, USA, and Hawaii Alaska and other NA areas... This in total requires a space of 16 gigabytes... HMMMM... If just north America requires this then how big is the entire game?! I don't even want to know... Apart from the large size my PC runs a AMD Radeon A6520 graphics chip which according to the company can harness the games power which requires a AMD 2000-9000 series chip...(I Don't Have the game with me Right now SORRY) but the true game is not able to do so... My PC has 8 gigabytes of RAM and is slow as hell running x-plane 10... WTF?! So yes the game is for high end of high end and is if looking for a challenge to run on PCs then this is that game! Check the game out its fun and well a bit of a time consumer and requires semi experiences to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment